Counseling Center staff discuss transition issues for family members and students during summer orientation programs. As part of our presentation, the following resources are offered, which we hope will assist families make a successful adjustment to having a college student in the family.
- Letting go: A parents’ guide to understanding the college years, Karen Levin Coburn & Madge Tregger
- You’re on your own (but I’m here if you need me): Mentoring your child during the college years, Marjorie Savage
- Don’t tell me what to do, just send money: The essential parenting guide to the college years, Helen E. Johnson, Christine Schelhas-Mille
- When kids go to college: A parents guide to changing relationships, Barbara & Philip Newman
- Black college student survival guide, Jawanza Kunjufu
- The Transition Year